Children Traveling Alone on the Apple Line
Effective January 16, 2015
1. Children 12 years of age and younger may not travel alone.
2. Children 13 and 14 may travel unaccompanied if the following have been met.
A. The parents or guardians have made arrangements with corporate office of Northwestern Stage Lines at least 48 hours ahead of the time of departure. Call 800 366 6975 or 509 838 4029 Monday through Saturday 8:00am to 5:00pm. The driver will then be notified that the unaccompanied child will be riding.
B. The child's trip must begin and end on the same schedule. Transfers are not allowed.
C. The origin and destination stations or agencies must be staffed and open at the time the child departs or arrives. See list below.
D. The parent, guardian or legal custodian must complete and sign the Unaccompanied Child Form and present to the driver at the time of boarding.
E. If the child is not met by the person named responsible on the Unaccompanied Child Form or if the parson does not present appropriate picture identification, the child will be released to the custody of Child Protective Services or to local law enforcement.
F. The child must have a cell phone and have the phone numbers of the responsible parties at both ends of the trip.
3. If any of these conditions are not met the child will not be able to travel unless accompanied by another passenger fifteen (15) years of age or older who will care for them.
4. The unaccompanied child will pay full fare and the tickets cannot be purchased online.
5. Passengers fifteen (15) and over may travel without restrictions.
The only cities and agencies the unaccompanied children may board from or depart at are:
Idaho: Boise, Cottonwood, Craigmont (except Sundays and Holidays), Grangeville, Lewiston, McCall and Moscow (except Saturday, Sunday and Holidays).
Washington. Colfax (1:50 bus to Spokane only), Ellensburg, Ephrata, Everett, Leavenworth, Moses Lake, Pullman, Quincy (except Saturday, Sunday and Holidays), Seattle Amtrak, Seattle Greyhound, Spokane Intermodal Center, Tacoma Amtrak, Tacoma Greyhound (departures only) and Wenatchee.